JPB/NCDP meeting provides averitable opportunity for the Hon.Commissioners,Special Advisers,and Permanent Secretaries responsible for Economic Planning at the Federal and States level, as well as, representatives of key Federal Ministries,Departments and Agencies, and the private sector to brainstorm on the optimal approach towards ensuring the effective implementation of the states plans and the Federal Government and the private sector to reappraise their strategic roles in the implementation of the strategic development agenda at all levels of government.
Please Click below to download Joint Planning Board meeting documents;
JOINT PLANNING BOARD/ NCDP MEETING: EBONYI 2022 HELD AT EXCO CHAMBERS GOVT. HOUSE , ABAKALIKI
- Welcome Address By Mrs Mfon Wiliamson, PS, Ministry of Budget, Planning, Research, Ebonyi State
- Opening Address by Mrs Olusola O. Idowu, PS Budget and National Planning.
- Keynote Address/ Formal Opening, His Excellency, Deputy Gov. of Ebonyi State
- SUB THEME I: Strengthening Institutional Capacities for Good Governance in Nigeria
Paper 2: Open Government Partnership: Co-creation as a strategic mechanism for National Public Reform- A case for OGP presented by Mrs. Obialunanma Nnaobi- Ayodele, Programme Director, The Meluibe Empowerment Foundation, OGP.
Paper 3: Government Business, Smart Technology and Digital Economy Presented by D.G NITDA.
- DAY 2 PROGRAMME
SUB THEME III: National Food System Transformation: A strategy to Accelerate the Achievements of SDGs within the National Development Plan: Speaker: Country Rep.- FAO.
Working Breakfast Session Hon. Min. of Finance, Budget & National Planning (HMFBNP) &Hon. Min. of State, Budget & National Planning (HMSBNP) with the Hon. Commissioners of Economic Planning.
Dr. Joe Abah
Introductory Remarks by Hon. Commissioner for Finance and Economic Planning, Ebonyi State
i. Director General, NGF
iii. Secretary to Ebonyi State Government
i. Mr. A. B. Okauru
ii. Mr. Abu Umar
iii.Dr. Kenneth Ugbala
Opening Address by Dr Mrs Shamsuna Ahmed, Hon. Minister of Finance, Budget and National Planning,
Welcome Address by H.E. Governor of Ebonyi State, Engr. David Nweze Umahi, FNSE.
Keynote Address by The Vice President of Fed. Rep. of Nigeria, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo, SAN, GCON-
- Closing Remarks by Prince Clem Agba, Hon. Min. of State, Budget & National Planning.
|THEME:||THEME: MANAGING THE NIGERIAN ECONOMY FOR SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT IN A CHALLENGING ENVIRONMENT|
Min. of Finance, Budget and Economic Planning, Borno State
|5||Opening Address delivered by Mrs Olusola Idowu PS, FMFBNPPS, FMFBNP|
|Keynote Address/ Formal Opening|
SSG, Borno State
|Context Setting done by Dr. (Mrs.) Gloria K. Ahmed, Acting Director, (Special Duties)|
|Managing the Nigerian Economy for Sustainable Development in a Challenging Environment. delivered by Prof. Doyin Salami, Chairman, Presidential Economic Advisory Council.|
|Status Report on the Implementation of Key Resolutions of the 19th edition of JPB/NCDP Meetings presented by Dr. Gloria Ahmed Ag. Director, Special Duties, FMFBNP|
|Paper:||Strategic Approach Towards Addressing Humanitarian Challenges in Nigeria. Speaker: Rep of Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development (FMHDS)|
Speaker: Brig-General Ishaq Abdullahi (Rtd), SA Security to Governor of Borno State.
|Insecurity in Nigeria: Causes Consequences and Solutions |
Speaker: Major General Babagana Monguno, (RTD), National Security Adviser (ONSA)
|Managing Humanitarian Issues through the MTNDP 2021 – 2025 and Nigeria Agenda 2050|
|33.||RECAP OF DAY 1 PROCEEDINGS||Mrs. Olusola Olayinka Idowu, Permanent Secretary, MBNP|
|34.||Covid-19 Pandemic in Nigeria: Challenges and Opportunities for Economic Development||Speaker: Mr. D. T Adeosun, Director Macroeconomic Analysis, FMFBNP|
|Introductory Remarks: Mercy Corps Nigeria|
Topic: Ensuring Food Security in Nigeria Towards Sustainable Development
Mr. Lesley O Perker,
Coordinator Food and Agricultural Organization (FAO).
i. Prof. Ibrahim Umara. Department of Political Science, University of Maiduguri
ii. Dr. Yakaka Bukar Maina,
Department of Economics,
University of Maiduguri.
|Presentation and Consideration of Major Conclusions from JPB||Perm. Secretary, (BNP) Mr. Idowu O. Olusola|
|54.||Consideration of the Host of the next JPB/NCDP Meetings.||All|
|Introductory Remarks||Hon. Commissioner for Finance and Economic Planning, Borno State|
Hon. Minister of Finance, Budget and National Planning
|66||Interlude/Traditional Cultural Performance|
Borno State Cultural Troupe
H.E. Governor of Borno State, Prof. Baba-Gana Umara Zulum
|68||Presentation on 556 Projects by the present Administration in the first 2 years|
BabakuraAbba Jato, Honourable Commissioner of Information, Government House, Maiduguri.
The Vice President of Fed. Rep. of Nigeria, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo, SAN, GCON
Borno State Cultural Troupe
H.E. Mr. V.P, Borno State Governor, HMFBNP, HMSBNP and Hon. Commissioners
|Prof. Yemi Osinbajo, SAN, GCON|
|HMFBNP, HMSBNP & Hon. Commissioners|
TECHNICAL SESSION OF THE NCDP UNDER THE CHAIRMANSHIP OF HMFBNP/ HMSBNP
|Consideration of the Reports of the last NCDP Meeting/Matters Arising from 19th Edition of NCDP||HMFBNP, HMSBNP and Hon. Commissioners|
|79||Presentation and consideration of major conclusions from JPB to NCDP||Perm. Secretary, MBNP|
|80||Wrap-Up/Reading of Communiqué of 20th Edition of NCDP||Hon. Min. of State, Budget & National Planning|
|To be selected|
- Welcome Address by the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Budget and National Planning
- Opening Address by the HMS, MBNP
- Keynote Address by the Honourable Minister, FMFBNP
- Lead Paper: Sustainable Path to Economic Growth and Development in Nigeria: The Imperatives of Development Planning by Mr Adeosun, DT Director, Macro Economic Analysis, FMFBNP
- National Development Plans and Effective Strategies for the Linkage with Sectoral and Sub National Plans by Prof Olalekan Yinusa, Hon Commissioner, State of Osun
- Status Report on the Implementation of Key Resolution of the 2019 (18th) JPB/NCDP Meetings by Dr. Mrs K. G. Ahmed, Director, Special duties Dept, FMFBNP
- Presentation on the Macroeconomic Framework: The Growth Diagnostic; and Framework for the Visioning for MTNDP 2021 -2025 and Nigeria Agenda 2050 by the Central Working Group(CWG) by Prof Adeola Adenikiju, University of Ibadan
- Communique Issued at the end of the JPB/NCDP Meeting
- Fiscal Sustainability and Strategies for Unlocking Factor Endowment at the Sub-national levels by Dr. Baba Yusuf Musa, DG, WAIFEM
- Recap of DAY 1 PROCEEDING
- An Overview of the Medium Term National Development Plan, 2021- 2025
- Presentations and Consideration of Major Conclusions from JPB
- MTDP Strategy Document/Development Agenda: Experience Sharing from State:
- Rep. North Central (Kwara State) Rep. North East (Borno & Gombe States)
- Keynote Address of the Vice President, Prof Yemi Osinbajo
- PLENARY SESSION:
- i). Agriculture, Food Security and Rural Development by Mrs Ndidi Nwuneli
- ii) Digital Economy, Bio Economy, Science, Technology & Innovation by Prof Ken Ife
- iii) Culture, Tourism, Creative Industry and Hospitality by Mr Obi Asika
- iv) Oil and Gas by Dr. Steve Okolo
- v) Financial Sector by Dr Ayo Teriba
- vi) Trade & competitiveness by Prof Jonathan Aremu
- vii) Power and Alternative Energy by Mr Bejide Madu
- viii) Cross Cutting issues including Security: Issues on forging effective synergy between National and sub National levels in implementing the Plans, communicating the Plan of ownership etc by Dr Amina Saihu
- Wrap up/ Reading of communique of 2021 NCDP Meetings
Programme and activities of the 2019 18th Joint Planning Board Meeting
Programme and activities of the 2018 17th Joint Planning Board
Joint Planning Board(JPB) and National Council on Development Planning (NCDP) Meeting.
Communiqué issued at the meeting of the joint planning board held at Tahir guest palace, kano, kano state.
Announcement for 15th Joint Planning Board Meeting
Capacity Building and Entrepreneurial Skills Bauchi
Relevance of Monitoring & Evaluation in The Development and Delivery of Effective Job Creation Policies and Initiatives
Address by the Honourable Minister on JB Meeting
Being the text of topic on financing infrastructure in Nigeria
Cross River-LESSONS AND EXPERIENCES FROM THE IMPLEMENTATION OF EUROPEAN
EU SIDE EVENT Presentation_joint_planning_board
FINANCING INFRASTRUCTURE IN NIGERIA
JPB EKITI PRESENTATION
Lessons and Experiences from the Implementation
NPC_MD Paper_Infrastructure Financing in Nigeria_Options_mark up-291014
Office of the Auditor General
OYO STATE-BUILDING RESILIENCE FOR ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT
PowerPoint Presentation on the M&E Policy Framework to Development Joint Planning Board
PPP OPTIONS FOR INFRASTRUCTURE DEVELOPMENT
Recap of Day One JPB Meeting
STATISTICS AND TRANSFORMATIVE DEVELOPMENT
TEST OF SPEECH DELIVERED BY THE SA Budget
Aligning Budget to National Plans Federal and States Experience