The unit is primarily attached to the Office of the Honorable Minister of State, and strategically poised to ensure high Level efficiency and effectiveness in the discharge of its daily functions through deployment of top notch professionalism. Its services are in tune with today’s competitive environment and global best practices and have of necessity created its cutting-edge difference in the discharge of its functions.
The Protocol Unit’s Mandates/Activities in the Ministry of Budget and National Planning is to coordinate and manage all protocol related functions in the Office of the Honourable Minister of State (HMS-MBNP), Office of the Permanent Secretary (PS-MBNP), the Directors and the entire ministry staff.
To be the most efficient unit that delivers effective service delivery in the Ministry.
To Provide Outstanding Service Delivery through the deployment of Global Best Practices on a daily basis, in a view to ensuring that all staff/client official requests within our mandate are expeditiously resolved.
MANDATES/FUNCTIONS OF THE PROTOCOL UNIT:
The Protocol Unit is empowered with the Core Mandates to interface with close collaboration and synergy on all protocol related function with:
- All Embassies and High Commissions in Nigeria for Visa Matters.
- Nigerian Foreign Missions Abroad on International Official Functions
- Nigerian Immigration Services for Processing of e-Passports
- Federal Ministry of Foreign Affair (Nigeria) for Note-Verbals
- Offices of the Chief of Protocol to the 36 States Government Houses and Liaison Offices in the Federation for Working Visits/Courtesy Calls
- Offices of the Chief of Protocol to Honourable Minister of all Ministries, Departments & Agencies of Government
- Coordination of Movement (Travels) Itinerary of the HM, HMS & PS on Official assignment/events within the country and abroad.
- Linkages with International & Local Airlines for Procurement of e-tickets
- Linkages with International & Local Hotels for Bookings/Reservations of Accommodation
- Arrangement & Coordination of Movement (Travels) Itinerary of the Honorable Minister of State, and Permanent Secretary in the Ministry
- Visa Procurements
- e-Passport Procurements
- Note – Verbal Processing
- Coordination of Courtesy calls
- Bookings/Reservations of Hotel Accommodation both Internationally and Local
- Arranging Airport Receptions, Pickups and Transfers
- Management of Passages on Connecting Flights with Our Foreign Missions Abroad
- Involved in the Coordination of Official Meetings, Activities/Programme both at the National & Sub National Levels e.g. Joint Planning Board and National Council on Development Planning (JPB/NCDP) and other High Level Function.