- Hits: 554
To render expertise and result-oriented services and restore staff and public confidence by meeting their expectations.
To provide accurate and reliable personnel data and a platform for merit based promotion, recruitment, prompt dispensation of disciplinary action and good service delivery.
- Passion for Excellence.
MANDATE OF THE ADMINISTRATION DEPARTMENT
The Administration Department is a service directorate charged with the responsibility of providing human resource and support services to the line Departments in the National Planning Commission. The Administration Department as presently constituted in the Commission is headed by Mrs E.A. Egherevba and ably assisted by four sectional heads.
The Department is structured into two divisions namely:
- Human Resources Management
- Procurement and General Services Division.
CORE FUNCTIONS OF THE DEPARTMENT
The Administration Department as a unique support service outfit has the following core functions:
- Recruitment, Appointment, Placement, Promotion, Upgrading/Conversion, Transfer of service/secondment of officers and discipline of staff of the Commission;
- Preparation and defense of the Commission’s annual Manpower budget proposal and staff training programmes at the OHCSSF;
- Coordination of Industrial/Labour Relations in the Commission for industrial peace and harmony;
- Coordination of the Federal Civil Service Games and monthly keep-fit jogging exercise in the Commission;
- Maintenance and sustenance of Liaison activities with MDAs such as FCC, BPSR, FCSC, OHCSF etc;
- Gazetting of New Appointments, promotion, confirmation of appointment etc;
- Coordination of security administration in the commission;
- Staff retirement documentation and liaison with the OHCSF PENCOM
- Custody and regular updating of Staff Nominal roll
- Provide Secretarial Services for the Monthly Senior Management Meetings
- Coordinate activities of the three Parastatals under the supervision of the National Planning Commission namely: NBS, CMD, and NISER;
- Training and retraining of staff for improved performance;
- Coordination of in-house training programmes including induction courses for newly recruited NYSC corps members;
- Articulation of training needs analysis, Liaison with other training institutions and processing of training requests;
- Coordination of issues relating to the NHIS, National Contributory Pension Scheme, and other staff Welfare issues; including processing of pension, gratuity and benefits for deceased staff;
- Supervising of the activities of in-house Unions and staff cooperative association;
- Custody and administration of working tools equipments, and consumable items in the Commission’s Store;
- Custody and maintenance of government vehicles;
- Supervision of Facility Management Services by the Service provider in the Commission;
- IPPIS capturing and Biometrics data of newly recruited officers in the Commission.